Disney Vacation Club: Everything You Need to Know about DVC
Everything You Want to Know About Disney Vacation Club all in One Place
What started in 1991 as a single resort concept at Walt Disney World called “Disney Vacation Club” (a resort now known as Disney’s Old Key West Resort) has since blossomed into a full-scale range of Disney deluxe villas with properties located in key areas across North America.
With the near vertical trajectory of Disney Vacation Club Resort hotels coming online at a fairly regular clip, there is a lot of interest and curiosity about Disney’s successful timeshare concept.
And with good reason.
It Makes Sense to Join DVC for a Certain Type of Disney Traveler
Disney Vacation Club is not like other timeshare programs and for a certain type of Disney traveler it can make very good fiscal sense to invest in a DVC membership.
I’ve written several posts over the years talking about Disney Vacation Club (DVC) and in this post I am curating all of those articles so that travelers interested in the DVC concept can find everything in one place.
Thinking of Buying-In to DVC? Start Here:
- Let’s start with the basics. In this post I answer the question as stated, outlining what is DVC, how does it work and is it worth the investment.
- This post is a follow-up to the post above and should be read if you want to learn more after reading the first post. This one goes into more detail to help answer the “is it worth it” question for DVC.
- If you are sincerely interested in the idea of Disney Vacation Club, then the next thing you’ll want to know is how much it costs to become a member of DVC. This post will help you get some ideas of what this will be for your family.
- This post looks specifically at the Disney Vacation Club Resort hotels at Walt Disney World and ranks them based on my personal experiences over the years. It’s totally subjective, but it will give you some insights into how I view each property as a regular repeat guest multiple times each year.
- This post was initially written for hotel guests who may benefit from choosing a DVC villa over a traditional Disney hotel room. However, if you are considering buying into DVC, this post provides a good overview of the differences between DVC villas and Disney Deluxe hotel rooms.
- Another post that highlights Disney Deluxe Villas versus Disney hotel rooms and gives you more insights into the benefits of DVC properties (for members and non-members alike).
Posts About Select Disney Vacation Club Resort Hotels
- This post focuses on the merits of two of Disney’s largest Disney Vacation Club properties: Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort and Disney’s Old Key West Resort.
- Learn more about one of the several excellent non-theme-park-related Disney Vacation Club properties.
- The ultimate accommodation among all Disney Vacation Club rooms is well worth the points you’ll spend.
- Did you know you can use your Disney Vacation Club points for a luxurious Hawaiian vacation?
- Bay Lake Tower is a large property with several choices of rooms and views. Here’s what you need to know.
- Read about the newest Disney Vacation Club property at Walt Disney World.
- Read more about Disney’s Vero Beach Resort and Aulani, a Disney resort in Hawaii.
Disney Vacation Club Room Views: Select Room Views from Across DVC
Considering Joining Disney Vacation Club?
As a Luxury Disney travel expert and author, I blog regularly about upscale Disney vacations of all shapes and sizes — including frequent posts about DVC resorts.
Listen each week to a new episode of the Daddy Daughter Disney Travel Podcast at 1923MainStreet.com.
Have a question about Disney Vacation Club? Contact me through Ask A Disney Travel Expert and I’ll do my best to answer your question.
Mike Belobradic: The Finer Side of Disney Travel
Luxury Travel Blogger – Deluxe Disney Travel Specialist