Mickey’s Mix Magic is a New, High-Energy Projection Show at Disneyland Park
Here’s everything you need to know about Disneyland’s Mickey’s Mix Magic Show
Mickey’s Mix Magic launched on January 18, 2019. It’s a new, high-energy projection show that lights up the night at Disneyland Park in celebration of everyone’s favorite mouse: Mickey Mouse. Unlike many other Disney projection shows, Mickey’s Magic Mix is a fun-filled dance party that takes place throughout the park. DJ Mickey Mouse leads the way, spinning the new celebration song: “It’s a Good Time,” along with fun new takes on other favorite Disney songs.
Mickey’s Mix Magic is part of Get Your Ears On – A Mickey and Minnie Celebration, which Disney touts as the biggest party for the legendary Mouse duo ever run in Disneyland. You and your family can sing along to the showy, as state-of-the-art projections, lighting and lasers transform Main Street, U.S.A., “it’s a small world” and the water screens of the Rivers of America. Tantalize your senses with colorful, dazzling displays of lights and sounds to celebrate everything Mickey Mouse and Disney. As an added bonuse, on select nights Mickey’s Mix Magic will be enhanced with the addition of fireworks. Disney notes that viewing at Rivers of America will be available when “Fantasmic!” returns in March 2019.
“I think ‘Mickey’s Mix Magic’ is really going to surprise our guests,” said Steven Davison, executive creative director of parades and spectaculars for Disney Parks Live Entertainment. “It’s unlike anything we’ve done with a projection show before, both visually with bright kaleidoscope colors and musically with the fun, electro-swing tunes that ‘DJ’ Mickey spins. It’s such a good time, and I can’t wait to see kids of all ages enjoying this massive dance party throughout Disneyland Park!”
What you need to know about Mickey’s Mix Magic
- Some of the features songs in Mickey’s Mix Magic include: “I Wanna Be Like You” (The Jungle Book), “Ev’rybody Wants to Be a Cat” (The Aristocats), “Friend Like Me” (Aladdin), “Grim Grinning Ghosts” (theme song from The Haunted Mansion attraction), “Un Poco Loco” (Coco) and “Let It Go” (Frozen).
- The new celebration song “It’s a Good Time” was written and produced specifically for the “World’s Biggest Mouse Party” that is currently underway at Disney Parks around the world, celebrating 90 years of magic with Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse.
- The multi-speaker audio design in Mickey’s Mix Magic supports the dance party house music thumping of the show throughout the park. So you’ll definitely be fully immersed in surround sound.
- All viewing areas have custom projection screen, so you’ll have a unique experience no matter where you see the show.
- Viewing locations for Mickey’s Magic Mix include: Main Street, U.S.A., the façade of “it’s a small world” and the water screens of the Rivers of America (when “Fantasmic!” returns in March).
- There are over two dozen video projectors bring Mickey’s Mix Magic to life throughout the park; 14 of those are on Main Street, U.S.A., alone.
- Nearly 100 special lighting fixtures are used throughout the show and they sit atop 10 different rooftops throughout Disneyland Park.
- If you’re a fan of the recent Mickey Mouse shorts, you’ll be glad to know that Disney Parks Live Entertainment collaborated with the team behind those shorts to bring the playful and mischievous personality of Mickey Mouse to the show. Minnie Mouse is also featured, of course, showing off some of her dance moves from the pair’s popular cartoon adventures.
- Much of the mapped video projection of “Mickey’s Mix Magic” is original content. Instead of cinematic scenes, favorite Disney characters are creatively showcased amidst kaleidoscopic patterns that move with the music beat.
Planning a Disney Vacation?
As a Luxury Travel Blogger, I write regularly about upscale Disney vacations of all shapes and sizes. Follow me on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook for the latest news and insights on luxury Disney travel.
Mike Belobradic: The Finer Side of Disney Travel
Luxury Travel Blogger – Luxury Disney Travel Expert